Pupil Home Test Results Link: https://forms.gle/uTREzLHxoSLFypEo7
COVID-19 Current Safety Measures
You will have seen in both the local and national news that Covid-19 cases amongst secondary school age children are rising. Whilst we have been informed that we do not have numbers as high as some other local schools, we do have an increase in cases across the academy and the community, and we are working with Public Health England (PHE) and Derby City Council (DCC) to reduce any of these risks.
Please do not send your child to school if they are unwell. Parents will need to arrange a PCR test for students with any of the following symptoms:
- Cold like symptoms
- Flu like symptoms
- Persistent cough
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
PCR tests can be requested for your child here or by calling 119: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
Due to rising Covid-19 cases, we have introduced further preventative measures in order to ensure the transmission of the disease is further limited. PHE and DCC have advised the following, which we will be adhering to from Monday, 4th October 2021:
- Students and staff should now be wearing face masks in all communal or transitional areas (i.e. during assemblies or in corridors moving between lessons).
- Staff and students can make a personal choice about wearing masks in classrooms (although at a later date it may be that we will need to reintroduce masks in classrooms).
- Windows and doors will continue to be open for ventilation.
- Regular hand washing should continue. At this time of year, common respiratory illnesses (coughs, colds and flu) are circulating and hand washing is a key way to stop these spreading.
- There are no plans to reintroduce year group bubbles and all specialist equipment will continue to be accessible by all students.
- Wearing of masks has been reinstated whilst traveling on school transport.
To keep our school community as safe as possible, twice weekly lateral flow testing (LFT) is really important for those that do not have any Covid-19 symptoms. LFT kits are available to order for free at: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests. Please continue to report all LFT results, as before, by clicking on the following link: Report LFT results
As a simple summary, please see the advice below:
If you have no Covid-19 symptoms:
If you have Covid-19 symptoms:
- get a PCR test and send your result to school
- stay at home until your result:
- if it is negative, return to school
- if it positive, self-isolate for the guided number of days
Please watch the video below as a guide to completing your lateral flow test at home.