Pupil Home Test Results Link: Home Test Results
Update to self-isolation guidance
From Monday 17th January, people who are self-isolating with Covid-19 will have the option to reduce their isolation period after 5 full days if they test negative with a lateral flow device (LFD) test on both day 5 and day 6 and they do not any symptoms. For example, if they test negative on the morning of day 5 and the morning of day 6, they can return to school immediately on day 6.
The first test must be taken no earlier than day 5 of the self-isolation period, and the second must be taken 24 hours later. All test results should be reported to NHS Test and Trace. Please continue to report all LFT results, as before, by clicking on the following link: Home Test Results
COVID -19 Current Safety Measures
We continue to work closely with the Local Authority and Public Health England to regularly review the current COVID-19 safety measures in place at Chellaston Academy.
Please do not send your child to school if they are unwell or showing any of the following symptoms:
- Cold like symptoms
- Flu like symptoms
- Persistent cough
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
On our return to school from January 2022 we will continue with the following safety measures until further notice:
- Students and staff should now be wearing face masks in all classrooms, communal or transitional areas (i.e. during assemblies or in corridors moving between lessons).
- Staff and students can make a personal choice about wearing masks in classrooms (although at a later date it may be that we will need to reintroduce masks in classrooms).
- Windows and doors will continue to be open for ventilation.
- Regular hand washing should continue. At this time of year, common respiratory illnesses (coughs, colds and flu) are circulating and hand washing is a key way to stop these spreading.
- There are no plans to reintroduce year group bubbles and all specialist equipment will continue to be accessible by all students.
- Wearing of masks has been reinstated whilst traveling on school transport.
To keep our school community as safe as possible, twice weekly lateral flow testing (LFT) is really important for those that do not have any Covid-19 symptoms. LFT kits are available to order for free at: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests. Please continue to report all LFT results, as before, by clicking on the following link: Report LFT results
Please watch the video below as a guide to completing your lateral flow test at home.