At Chellaston Academy we believe that it is important for students to understand how to dress smartly and appropriately in preparation for the world of work, interviews and formal occasions.
We therefore have the following uniform expectations:
- All students should wear a suit. This should either be a tailored trouser or skirt suit. A tailored jacket/blazer with either skirt/trousers is also allowed. Suit colours permitted are black, grey and blue.
- Under the suit, students should either wear a shirt with the Sixth Form Tie, a sleeved blouse or a formal sleeved top, with no stomachs showing.
- Shoes should be formal, and should be black, grey, brown or dark blue.
- Skirts must be tailored and no shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- No lycra or skinny jeans are permitted.
Unnatural hair colours, extreme hair styles and, for safety reasons, long false or acrylic nails are not permitted.
Stud earrings are permitted, including 1 stud nose piercing. Rings, hoops, hooks, bars or any other facial jewellery is not allowed and students will be asked to remove this immediately.
Students may be placed into RICE if their appearance is deemed inappropriate, or deliberately contravenes our uniform. The school reserves the right to decide whether any individual’s choice of clothing is acceptable.
Sixth Form Ties can be purchased from Uniformality.