We have made a number of changes to our school communications systems. These changes will provide a number of advantages to both us as a school and you as a parent/carer:
- Rich content emails will prevent the need for attachments in most cases, leading to easier reading of messages, especially on mobile devices
- Communications sent as a single ‘daily digest’ email rather than separate messages
- The student the message is related to will be made clear at the start of the message
- Replies will be directed to the relevant department where appropriate
- Ability to view messages on your email client or via an online mailbox instead, allowing for easier searching of previously sent messages
Details of systems in use
The main system we plan to use is part of our Firefly package and is called SchoolPost and this will be used for all general school communications. We will continue to use Go4Schools to contact you regarding student attendance, however.
For both systems to be able to deliver messages to you successfully, please ensure you have added the email addresses used to your safe-senders list. The addresses used are:
We will also send SMS text messages to the mobile contact number you have provided to us, when there is an important or time-sensitive message that we need to reach you as soon as possible.
How to use Firefly SchoolPost
SchoolPost is easy to use and intuitive – indeed, in most cases you need do nothing more than read the message in your regular email mailbox.
However, more detailed instructions are available for you to refer to should you need to via the document below: