Stopping Domestic Abuse Together ‘SDAT’
What is SDAT?
- Stopping Domestic Abuse Together is a local version of the Encompass Model
- Derbyshire Constabulary lead on SDAT and aim to roll it out with all schools in Derby and Derbyshire.
- It is an early notification system to schools to quickly notify them of any incidents of domestic abuse where the police have attended household where children live.
- To provide a link between a statutory school aged child’s lived home experience and their experience in school when domestic abuse is a current issue.
- Helps ensure that schools can effectively support and respond to children’s needs in the education setting.
- Promotes effective communications between police, children’s social care, education welfare and schools where there has been a domestic abuse incident