There has never been a time when careers guidance has been as important for young people as it is today. The landscape of education, training and employment opportunities that students need to navigate is more complex and more challenging than that faced by previous generations.
We support students in making well-informed decisions by providing access to differentiated, impartial and independent information and guidance about the range of options (including academic, vocational, apprenticeships) that are most likely to help them to achieve their ambitions. By helping students with decisions at crucial stages, informing them of all their options and introducing them to the world of work, we aim to prepare them for the world of work whichever pathway they choose.
Aims of Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) at Chellaston Academy:
• to raise students’ aspirations and to broaden their horizons
• to inspire and to empower students to make informed realistic decisions at key transition points in learning and work
• to provide good quality independent and impartial careers advice to students which inspires them and motivates them to fulfil their potential
• to provide advice and guidance which is in the best interests of the student
• to provide opportunities to work in partnership with employers, training providers, local colleges and others to provide opportunities to inspire students through real-life contact with the world of work
• to develop enterprise and employability skills including skills for self-employment
• to support inclusion, challenge stereotyping and promote equality of opportunity
The Academy Careers Plan and Programme is based on the CDI Framework for Careers, Enterprise and Employability (2018) and the DfE document “Careers Guidance and Inspiration in Schools” (January 2018).
Mrs J Shillingford